Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sometimes when you live with a cowboy...

Hey, ya'll... It looks I'm going to be living with these on the back of the couch for awhile...

Cowboy has always wanted a saddle made by Otto F. Ernst. Well, yesterday he scored two at a Western Collectibles Auction we attended in Montana. He picked them both up for $850... One of them could have easily sold for double that. Oh, he also bought those grungy, old chaps you see. (Learn more about Otto F. Ernst.)

I had my eye on a few things... an Ironstone mixing bowl and an antique wicker doll carriage but we were there for four hours and they hadn't even made a dent in the "boy" stuff. If I had to listen to them sell one more rifle or bit, I was going to go postal, seriously.

Photo borrowed from the Insulator Store

One lady bought a box of those glass telephone insulator things for $17.50. I know they are a dime a dozen but there was a rare purple one in that box, ya'll. The purple glass insulators I have found online range in price from $30 to $445 (for the one picture above). I didn't bid because I couldn't stand the thought of owning any more of these things... even if there was a purple one.

Don't get me wrong, I truly enjoyed the day. It's been awhile since Cowboy and I have gone anywhere together.

I met a weenie dog that took the liberty of visiting me under the bathroom stall...

And a very nice Border Collie sat next to me...

Her parents said that, since they moved from a ranch into town, all she wants to do is watch Animal Planet. She stares at the TV until they turn it on for her.

We ate dinner at the Powder River Stockman's Club. I ordered a cheeseburger and sweet tea and Cowboy had a beer and a Reuben sandwich...

The food was good enough but the classic country music pouring from the jukebox was absolutely sublime...

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time! The food looks yummy too. Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like it ended up being a fun day! That old juke box at the restaurant is so cute! I wish more place would bring these back, they are so sweet and quaint! :)

    Have a good night,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great way to spend time with your cowboy... especially dinner with classic country music. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat day! I love the old saddles and chaps! Looks like ya'll hit the jackpot. We have a bunch of those old insulators - clear and blue. I've never seen a purple one - pretty color!

    I'd love a cute weinie dog face under the stall door anyday! How funny!

    ReplyDelete