Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter tree...

Easter is my favorite holiday...

Because it means I get to put up my Easter tree.

I bought this sweet little tree and all the ornaments about 15 years ago.

I thought it was so adorable that I sent one to my mother.

I bought the tree and three boxes of ornaments.

At the dollar store...

I spent a whopping $4.oo!

That's comes to about 27 cents per year.

But it's really less than that.

Because I decorate my little tree for Halloween too.

That means it only cost me, like, 13 cents a year.

Now, that's what I call some cheap entertainment.

I really need another one so I can paint it black.

The white one doesn't work well for Halloween.

I mean it's cute and all but it hardly seems right to use the same tree for Easter and Halloween.

Plus, the tiny orange pumpkins would look so much better against a black tree.

But let's save that for October. Right now, we're talking about Easter.

Oh, I almost forgot...

I love my tiny, fuzzy bunny too.

If I wind him up, he spins around on the table.

Right now, he's sitting in my egg basket watching me blog.

Bunnies are just the cutest.

Bunnies and eggs and chickies are lovely but let us not forget what Easter is really all about.

Thank you, Lord Jesus, for dying on the cross to save me from my sins.

Happy Easter!

Linking to Show and Tell Friday at Romantic Home and Frugalicious Friday at Finding Fabulous

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet Easter tree. I have one on a much smaller scale. Love all your colored glass that you posted about previously. Wishing you and yours a blessed and joyous Easter. :) Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute tree! That is four dollars well spent!! Hope you have a very blessed Easter.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Necel,what a lovely tree! If I had a saw I would cut a branch from the big tree in our back yard that is dying! But along side of it is a new tree springing up in the ground! God is good! Happy Easter! I love your tree! A Big Colorful Colorado Hug from Me to You and Yours! Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post. I know you've had a hard week with the snow at your home and posts about all the flowers in Texas. I love the photos.

    Oh, and I have a Halloween Tree. :) I have an Easter Tree, too, but only my kid's baskets and the egg wreath made it out of the Easter boxes this year.

    Happy Easter, Necel. I wish you loads of flowers.

    ReplyDelete