Monday, March 1, 2010

Tiny treasures...

I think anything tiny is so charming. This miniature vignette sits on a stack of books on a very special bookshelf that my brother built for me.

This little wooden cabinet and the smaller of the two baskets were in a dollhouse that belonged to my dad in the 1940s. I still have the dollhouse and a few other pieces of furniture. Inside the cabinet are some tiny pies and cakes.

I don't know where I got this basket but I really like it.

I bought this darling chair off eBay for $3. I thought it was about 6 inches high, so you can imagine my surprise when I took it out of the box to find that it was only half the size. Now, I'm glad it's so small. I'll share more of my bigger miniature-chairs with you later.

This little basket is about an inch high at the top of the handle. It's from the 1940s. So cute!

I hope you've enjoyed seeing a few of my teeny-tiny pieces.

2 comments:

  1. How precious. Miniatures fascinate me. The intricacy of the work and the detail is so great on such small pieces.
    Daisy Cottage has a house she shows and tells about sometimes...the things in her collection are interesting...you find them interesting too. This is her link...(not mine) ;)
    http://deardaisycottage.typepad.com/daisy_cottage/

    thanks for showing these little gems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We must be sister with a different mother...I have drunk Diet Coke for breakfast since I was 14 years old. No Pepsi, not tea, not 7-up...just Diet Coke. I bookmarked your blog and will be back visiting tomorrow! Sheila

    ReplyDelete